How do I register for PSG?
- You may register for PSG prior to the posted deadline using our online registration form.
Can I attend PSG for less than a week? Is there a reduced admission rate or daily rates for partial attendance?
- It is possible to attend PSG for less than a week, but there is no reduced registration contribution. From its beginning in 1980, PSG has been a create-and-live-in Community experience. We encourage participants to help us create a Pagan Community through shared ritual, community volunteering, and other shared experiences over the 8-day length of the festival. By building such a community of like minds, a sense of safety and trust is created that can allow participants to totally immerse themselves in Pagan culture. From this experience of immersion and communal support, much of the magic of PSG arises, allowing participants the opportunity to experience a spiritual renewal. We therefore encourage participants to allow themselves the gift of attending the entire event.
What if I don't yet know if I can attend? Can I register at the gate?
- For planning and security purposes, we require all participants to pre-register. Please register by our final deadline. Registration is not allowed at the gate.
Is work exchange available? Are there discounts for seniors, unemployed, students, groups, etc.?
- The only discounts we give are for early registration. Work exchange positions for PSG are few and already filled. We usually have work exchange positions open at the festivals we sponsor in Wisconsin.
What is your cancellation/refund policy?
- Written cancellation requests received by June 4th will be refunded in late July minus half of the registration fee for processing. After June 4th, there will be no refund requests granted.
When will I receive our registration packets, including a map to the site and the gate passes?
- This depends on when you register. We usually do two large mailings of registration packets/gate passes to coincide with the registration deadlines. Please remember that it takes considerable time to process registrations, so if you want your registration materials early, or need your registration materials early because you are leaving early on summer travels to other events before attending PSG, please register early! Most packets will be mailed mid-May to early June.
Can I get a schedule of workshops, rituals, etc. before PSG starts?
- Due to the several hundred programming activities that need to be scheduled for the gathering, the exact schedule cannot be finalized until just before the Gathering starts. You will be given a Town Guide at the Information Tent during your check-in, which includes the event schedule and a wealth of other information about the Gathering.
How do I submit a ritual, rite of passage request, or program proposal for consideration?
- You may submit these requests through our online form or you may print the form, complete, and mail via postal mail. You and everyone presenting a workshop with you must be registered prior to submitting workshop proposals or your proposal will not be considered. The deadline for workshop proposal submissions is March 31 at midnight.
I sent in a program proposal for this year's PSG. When will I know if it's been accepted so I can prepare?
- Workshop submissions are reviewed in April, and you will be notified upon acceptance with plenty of time to prepare.
Do workshops or ritual presenters pay a registration fee or receive any type of credit?
- PSG is a networking event with hundreds of programming events scheduled. Those who share their knowledge or skills through presenting workshops, rituals, or other programs do so in the interest of connecting with others of like mind. Programming is presented in lieu of the 4 hours of community work that all PSG participants are required to contribute (one workshop/ritual counts as 2 hours of community work). Meet & Greets do not count toward workshift credit.
What are the different camping sites?
- The descriptions of the various special camp areas at PSG are listed on the website. If you are interested in camping in one of those areas (Quieter Area, Disability Camp, Drummer's Camp, Rainbow Center, Amethyst Circle), please so indicate on your registration form. The site is laid out with areas marked for general camping and there are areas of woods camping available. You will be given a map upon your arrival to PSG. Space in each area is allotted on a first come, first serve basis and is not guaranteed. You can not come on site early to set-up your camp and leave it there for the beginning of the festival.
Are camping spaces assigned? How can I be sure I can camp with my friend?
- Camping spaces at PSG are not assigned for most people -- the exceptions being merchants, and those with pre-paid Disability Camp electrical service. Certain areas are reserved for certain purposes (such as the different types of camps mentioned above) but space within these areas and elsewhere are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Can I stay in a hotel and commute to the event during the day?
- Due to vehicle restrictions within the site, this is an option only in special circumstances. If you have a special circumstance that requires some type of commuting, you need to send a letter of request to Circle to see if this is possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with specific details about your situation no later than May 1 in order for us to consider your request.
How does electrical service work?
- Limited 110 power for generaul use is available in the lower campgrounds on a first come, first served basis for $30 per plug. Please know this may not run an air conditioner in your camper! There are no 30 or 50 amp circuits available on site.
- Limited 110 power in the Disability Camp are for those with CPAP machines and other medical devices. Applications for this service, which will cost $10, are taken as part of your registration.
Can I camp in an RV or travel trailer or pop-up?
- Yes, absolutely!Smaller campers and RV's can camp in the lower campground area. Larger RV's and campers should go in the generator camp area in the upper campground.
- RVs may operate generators for personal electrical needs. RVs with generators will be parked in a dedicated area in the upper campground so as to not disturb other campers.
- IMPORTANT: there are NO dump stations or water hookups onsite. Plan on using your facilities sparingly and emptying them at one of these facilities.
Are meals included in the PSG registration fee?
- No, PSG participants provide their own meals, either by bringing cooking equipment and food for the duration of their stay, or by purchasing meals from the on-site vendors.
Can I make a fire at my campsite for cooking?
- You may use any existing fire pits/rings but can not create new ones and you can not dig your own fire ring/pit. Most people who choose to cook their own meals at PSG bring a propane camp stove.
Can I bring my dog or other pet?
- Sorry, no pets or companion creatures are allowed. If you arrive at the gate with a pet, you will be turned away to find boarding.
What sorts of work shifts are available for the 4 hours of community service shifts required of each adult participant?
- The complete list of community service shifts will be available at the Information Tent during registration. There are a wide variety of shifts available. Some are skilled positions and require previous training, such as for the first aid and the counseling center. If you have those skills you should indicate that on your registration form and you will be contacted. Other positions include: childcare, staffing the Information Tent, tiki torch filling and lighting, gate keeping, heralding, Teen Center, Tween Center, and more.
How do I become a part of the set-up / take-down crew?
- To apply for the set-up/take-down crew you must be physically able to work long hours of lifting and tent set-up. You must be able to arrive two days before the event and stay one day after the event. Childcare and food service is not available during this time. You will also be required to assist with community service shifts opening day. If you are interested, you should apply early to email@example.com. Those that have been on the crew previously are offered to return and others will be placed on a waiting list. You do not receive any reduction of registration fees, what you do receive is an opportunity to create our community from beginning to end.
Questions Still Not Answered?
If you have questions not answered above or elsewhere on this website, you can contact the Circle office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (608)924-2216 (Tuesday - Saturday, 9am to 5pm, Central Time). The office will be open for questions up until the Monday before PSG, after which we will be closed in order to travel to the site for set-up.