Circle Sanctuary Ministers provide a variety of spiritual services through Circle Sanctuary. The list of services provided by each minister varies from minister to minister -- please ask for more details.
Ministry training is offered through Circle Sanctuary's Ministry Training Program, which is a guided intensive course. Students are mentored throughout their journey, learning essential ministerial skills such as: pastoral counseling, leading small and large group ritual, connecting with community, developing an ethical code of conduct, ability to work across traditions, basic education in the tenants of major religions, group problem solving, media interface, interfacing in public institutions, and much more. All students participate in a minimum of a one year practicum that is individually designed to interface the ministerial focus of the student with the overall vision of Circle Sanctuary. Circle Ministers agree to abide by our Professional Code of Ethics.
Circle Sanctuary is an endorsing organization for Wiccan and Pagan ministers doing religious services, chaplaincy support, and related work in hospitals, hospice, state and federal prisons, college and university campuses, and US military installations. CLICK HERE for more information on our endorsement standards and procedures.
- Rituals: conducting large & small group circles, including celebrating the seasons & the cycles of the moon.
- Life Passages: creating & conducting rites of passage ceremonies, such as weddings, funerals, baby blessings, coming of age, croning & saging rites.
- Healing: spiritual healing support, counseling
- Education: workshops, classes, intensives, mentoring, public talks
- Research: conducting & assisting with scholarly research
- Writing: articles appear in Circle magazine, on-line, other sources
- Nature Preservation: at Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve & elsewhere
- Religious Freedom Activism: through the Lady Liberty League
- Interfaith: networking, dialog, conferences, organizations
- Charity & Community Service: on-going & special projects such as the Yuletide Charity Food Drive
- Specialty Ministries: hospital visits, prison ministry, military members support, others