Articles, rituals, & more about Winter Solstice lore & traditions
SCHEDULE of EVENTS
Owl's Nest open for Yuletide Shopping:9am - 12pm, 1:30pm - 3pm, 6:30pm - 7pm Charity Food Drive: canned goods donations accepted
|9:30 am||Welcome Meet & Greetin the Temple Room
Community Welcome of Winter Solstice Day - We will present the Viking Yule Boat to carry our wishes into the new year.
|10 am||Yule Besom Workshop & Crafting:in the Temple Room with Blodie
Honor the balance between the Oak King and the Holly King and celebrate the Great Mother of Yuletide. Connect with Evergreen representing the continuity of Life and Renewal. We will craft besoms for protection and positivity during the dark time of the year. The Besoms will be used in the Yule Community Ritual later in the day.
Children's Yule Crafting - Reindeer Games:in the Temple Room with Kristol
Kids will be making adornments to be used for the afternoon ritual.
|Noon||Break/Snack time & Owl's Nest Shopping|
|12:30 pm||Yuletide with Holda: workshop by Selena Fox in the Temple Room
Learn lore and ways of working with the ancient Germanic Heathen Goddess Holda to celebrate Yule, to attune to Winter, and to bless hearth, kin, and home with peace, wellness, and prosperity year round.
|1:30 pm||Break & Owl's Nest Shopping|
|2 pm||Ornament Makingin the Temple Room with Jessica and Kristol
Join in celebrating the return of the sun by creating your own ornament in this fun community activity for everyone! Adults and Children.
Nature Walkwith Reed -- meet in the Barn Lounge
Join Reed in a short walk to enjoy Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve's wintertime beauty!
|3 pm||Yuletide Gift Exchangein the Temple Room
Santa will join us for this annual joy of gifting! Bring a wrapped gift that has spiritual significance to you to exchange. There will be a children's gift circle and one for adults.
|4:15 pm||Yule Log Community Ritualwith Selena Fox, Blodie, Shaman Santa & others
Using old traditions, Santa and the Holly King offer blessings of health, productivity, and prosperity to the community. Join us as we raise the horn to honor Holda, the Ancestors, and the beginning of the Sun's return and the breaking of Winter.
|5:30 pm||Community Yuletide Candlelight Feast and Wassailin the Temple Room
Wes Hael! Saxon for Good Health. Join in our Community Yuletide feast and wassail to celebrate the return of the Sun!
|7 pm||Cleanup & Departures|
Items to Bring:
- 3 or more cans of food to donate to Circle's annual food drive that benefits the local food pantry
- Symbols of Holda & the Sun to be blessed
- Bring cup or mug for Wassail -- Yuletide cider
- Magical gift to exchange: please write your name and something about the spiritual significance of the gift on the card so that the receiver of your gift can thank you! Wrap the card and the gift in non-see through paper!
- Contribution for potluck feast. Please: if your dish needs to be heated, bring it in a crock pot. Please be sure cakes, pies, cheese, etc. are sliced! For more information, please read over our Potluck Guidelines.
- Work gloves to wear for Besom making. (suggested)
- Drum, rattle, or other rhythm instrument (if you have one)
- Dress in holiday colors (red, green or white) if you want.
- Stone for the Stone Circle (optional)