Saturday December 22, 2007
at Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve
13 miles west of Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin
|Saturday, December 22|
|11 AM||Open for Arrivals|
|11 AM - 1 PM||Resource Shop Open, Snacks & Wassail|
|11:15 AM||Welcome with Brian Sather|
|11:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Yuletide Crafts with Robbie and Marshall|
|12:30 - 1 PM||Yuletide Music with Michael Doran
Enjoy sounds of the season.
|1-2 PM||Yule Log & Solstice Fires with Selena Fox
Selena Fox begins this workshop by telling about the symbolism, lore, and traditions of the Yule Log and the use of fires to celebrate Winter Solstice, and then guides a Community Sharing Circle in which participants will have the opportunity to talk about their own Yule Log & Solstice Fires experiences.
|2:30 - 3:30 PM||Winter Solstice Community Ritual
Burn the Yule Log in the Winter Solstice Fire. Drum & ring bells to welcome the New Solar year. Sing and meditate on World Peace. Bring a bell to ring and/or a drum or rattle to play if you have one. Bring dried herbs to cast into the Solstice Fire.
|4-5 PM||Yuletide Gift Circle with Father Yule
Bring a gift that has spiritual signficance to you to exchange. There will be a children's gift circle and one for adults.
|5:30 - 7 PM||Yuletide Candlelight Feast & Social
Bring a dish of already prepared food for this potluck dinner.
|7-8 PM||Cleanup & Farewells|
Items To Bring
- 3 or more cans of food to donate to Circle's annual food drive
- Magical gift to exchange: please write your name and something about the spiritual significance of the gift on a card (so that the receiver of your gift can thank you) and wrap the card and the gift in opaque paper (that can't be seen through)
- Contribution for potluck feast. See details: http://www.circlesanctuary.org/events/potluck.html
- Bell to ring during the ritual
- Drum, rattle, or other rhythm instrument
- Stone for the Stone Circle (optional)
- Dress in holiday colors (red, green, or white), if you want.
- Snacks (optional) for the social hour at the beginning of the day.