More about Spring Equinox traditions:
2018 WELCOME SPRING SCHEDULE
|9 am||Open for Arrivals! Please check in at the registration table in the Temple Room of the barn.|
|9:30 am||Welcome Circle with Florence
Meet and greet, and learn all about the day's activities. In the Temple Room.
|10 am||Birdfeeding For Everyone: Migration Season with Florence
Create biodegradable bird feeders packed with nutritious food, while learning about how we can support both our year-round resident bird populations, and the vulnerable migratory birds who pass through our area.
For all ages
|11:30 am||Egg Hunt for All Ages
It’s the classic egg hunt, with a cooperative twist! Hunt in divisions for adults, teens, kids, and preschool.
For all ages
|12 pm||Lunch, Pie Party, and Social Time
Pack a sack lunch for your family. In honor of Kathryn Hinds, a beloved community member who passed away recently, we will be holding a lunch time pie party. Pie parties are being held in Kathryn’s honor across the country this week. We’ll 'picnic' inside or outside and connect with one another and community.
Egg Magic with Rev. Selena Fox
Youth Workshop: Chicken Meet & Greetwith Allegra and Laurie
|2:30 pm||Egg Tree Creation with Colleen
So many of Spring's beauties are ephemeral and delicate. In that spirit, we’ll work together to create ornaments out of blown egg shells. Colleen will guide us as we spark our creativity to decorate eggs and create a community egg tree.
For all ages - adults should plan to help kids
|4 pm||Welcome Spring Main Ritual with Florence, Selena, and others
As night and day balance one with the other we'll seek to crack open our shells and spread our wings! Together we'll retell the story of Mama Crow, who brought fire to the earth and ended winter. This ritual welcomes participants of all ages.
|5:30 pm||Community Cleanup and Departures|
Items to Bring
- Please bring a pie in any form (sweet, savory, fruit, handheld, chart, etc.) to share during our lunchtime pie party.
- A sack lunch for you and your family, if you would like to eat something other than pie.
- Wear something green to celebrate the Spring!
- Packets & containers of Seeds you plan to plant in gardens & fields - to be blessed in ritual (optional)
- Spring Symbol to energize on the altar (optional)
- Fresh flowers to decorate the Temple Room (we have some vases) or to leave as offerings on the land (optional)
- A stone to donate to the Stone Circle. (optional)
- A drum or rattle (optional)
- A basket for gathering eggs during the egg hunt (optional)
- Appropriate outdoor wear for the Egg Hunt and Nature Walk.
- Slippers / dry shoes for inside. (optional)
Adults: $25 until 3/10, then $30 afterward and at the door
Youth (5 - 17): $7 until 3/10, then $10 afterward at the door
Children under 5 are FREE.
If you have questions, please contact the Circle Office.