Celebrate the Spring Equinox
Saturday, March 21, 2015 from 9:30 AM - 7 PM
at Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve
near Barneveld, Wisconsin
Coordinated by Heather
As Spring slowly makes its way towards us and the Earth begins to awake with life anew, we celebrate the new growth with Nature and within ourselves.
During this time of Balance, join us as we call in spring with a joyous celebration of herbcraft! Together we will connect with new herbs and plants to help us in our spiritual journey, while weeding out that which needs to change within ourselves and our homes.
Join the Circle as we plant the new seeds of balance and change within the Earth and within ourselves.
More about Spring Equinox traditions:
Celebrating the Seasons: Spring Equinox
Egg Rolling Divination Ritual
Previous Welcome Spring Celebrations:
2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004
2015 WELCOME SPRING SCHEDULE
||Open for Arrivals!
- Please check-in at the registration table in the Temple Room of the barn.
||Opening Circlewith Heather & others
- Bring your springtime traditions and memories to share. In the Temple Room.
|10:45 am - 12:45 pm
||Create a Painting with Colleen!
Adult Scavenger Hunt on the Land!
- Paint your interpretation of the Springtime Display. Canvas, brushes, paint supplies will be provided. Wear an apron or appropriate clothing if you may be a “sloppy painter”. Twenty canvases available, register at the door for this class. Class will begin promptly at 10:45am. In the Temple Room.
- What a better way to enjoy beautiful Circle land than to have a scavenger hunt! Grab a partner and have fun following your map to complete your scavenger hunt list! At each site, take a picture with you camera or phone to show you were there and check it off on your list. List of sacred sites and maps will be provided! Or just enjoy a nice self-guided stroll around Circle land on your own! Meet outside the barn for instructions!
|10:45 - 11:45 am
||Youth Craft/Workshop: Celebrating Ostarawith Bo & others
- In this workshop we will set the stage for the day with the kids. We will discuss themes of Ostara, what it means, its traditions, and make and decorate egg rattles! Meet in the farmhouse.
|Noon - 12:45 pm
||Youth Craft/Workshop: Seed Magicwith Bo & others
- As spring grows near we will plant seeds and charge them with our energy and wishes for family and community! Kids will be able to take them home for their personal or family altars. In the farmhouse.
||Lunch Break: Bring your own lunch if you’d like and please bring snacks to share with others. In the Temple Room.
|1:30 - 2:15 pm
||Children's Egg Hunt
- All children are invited to bring a bag or basket and join in the fun of the annual Egg Hunt which will be held in proximity of the barn, house, and parking lot areas. Prizes shall be awarded to all that participate. Meet in the Temple Room for instructions!
||Spring Magicwith Selena Fox
Youth Craft/Workshop: Honoring the Goddess and God of Spring with Bo & others
- Explore some ways of working with Spring symbols, meditations, rituals, and celebrations for personal healing, transformation, and growth. In the Temple Room.
- Kids will learn more about the Spring forms of the Divine. We will make offerings to charge and then to leave at the God and Goddess shrine to help in calling forth the change of the seasons. In the farmhouse.
||Main Ritualconducted by NIU Pagan Students, Selena & Heather.
- Please join us in the Temple Room for this ritual to Welcome the Spring!
||Community Potluck Dinner in the Temple Room
||Community Cleanup: Please join in as community to help clean-up our space from our celebration and feasting.
Items to Bring
- A contribution for potluck feast to feed at least two dozen people. Please see the Potluck Guidelines.
- Wear something green to celebrate the Spring!
- Packets & containers of Seeds you plan to plant in gardens & fields - to be blessed in ritual (optional)
- Garden Trowel (mark with your name) and/or other Garden/Farming tools to be blessed (optional)
- Fresh flowers to decorate the Temple Room (we have some vases) or to leave as offerings on the land (optional)
- Veggies, dip, crackers, other treats for snack table and/or a personal sack lunch for mid-day nourishment (optional)
- A stone to donate to the Stone Circle. (optional)
- A drum or rattle (optional)
- A basket for gathering eggs during the egg hunt (optional)
- Appropriate outdoor wear for the Egg Hunt and Nature Walk.
- Slippers / dry shoes for inside. (optional)
Adults: $20 in advance by midnight March 9th, or $25 afterward and at the door
Youth (5 - 17): $5 in advance by midnight March 9th, or $5 afterward at the door
Children under 5 are FREE.