Celebrate the Spring Equinox
Saturday, March 22, 2014 from 9 AM - 7 PM
at Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve
near Barneveld, Wisconsin
Coordinated by James
As Spring slowly makes its way towards us and the Earth begins to awake with life anew, we celebrate the new growth with Nature and within ourselves.
During this time of Balance, join us as we call in spring with a joyous celebration of herbcraft! Together we will connect with new herbs and plants to help us in our spiritual journey, while weeding out that which needs to change within ourselves and our homes.
Join the Circle as we plant the new seeds of balance and change within the Earth and within ourselves.
Featuring: Kristia Wildflower
Kristia Wildflower creates colorful characters and combines them with an animated and dramatic style. Wildflower is a well-seasoned storyteller & speaker.
More about Spring Equinox traditions:
Celebrating the Seasons: Spring Equinox
Egg Rolling Divination Ritual
Previous Welcome Spring Celebrations:
2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004
2014 WELCOME SPRING SCHEDULE
||Open for Arrivals
|9 am - 11 am
||Owl's Nest Open for Shopping
||Welcome to Circle Sanctuary!
- Join us in the Temple Room for this Meet & Greet.
||Youth Program: Egg Hunt
Egg Divination Workshop
- Calling all children! Bring your baskets, boots, and coats and join in the fun of collecting eggs in the snow.
- Egg Divination for guidance about past, present & future. Bring a hardboiled egg to use for divination.
||Egg Hunt Prizes in the Temple Room
||Spring Herbs & Flowerswith Kristia Wildflower
Youth Program: Mini Mugwort Magic with Kristol
- Kristia will be budding with information about Spring herbs and flowers. As plants get ready to spring forth from the dark, damp Earth at Equinox you will learn how they have been a means of expression for hundreds of years! She will share the vital role plants play as symbols of life, death, birth and love as well as a healing antidotes & humorous antidotes. Krista goes beyond the simple scientific identity, opening the plants personality & shares its secrets. Adults and youths may join in the Temple Room.
- Children are invited to the house to craft wands from mugwort stalks from Circle land for use later in the main ritual
|12:30 pm - 2 pm
||Owl's Nest open for shopping!
||Herb Garden Crafting
Nature Walkwith Reed
- Create your own mini herb garden by planting seeds and then take them home to tend and watch grow into tasty herbs.
- See what signs of Spring you can find!
||Herbs for Spring Home Blessingswith Selena Fox
Youth Program: Flowers & Fairytaleswith Kristia Wildflower
- Learn about herbs, herbal rituals, & herbal charms for cleansing, enriching, & protecting your home at Springtime and throughout the year.
- Kristia Wildflower will become Fairy Godmother Fern and tell tales of spring flowers and fairies.
||Break Time / Ritual Prep
||Welcome Spring Ritual
- Celebrate Spring Equinox with a ceremony that includes a welcome of Springtime, garden tools blessing, & Community renewal. Facilitated by Selena & James in the Temple Room.
|6 pm - 7 pm
||Last Minute Owl's Nest Shopping
||Final Cleanup and Departures
Items to Bring
- A contribution for potluck feast to feed at least two dozen people. Please see the Potluck Guidelines.
- Wear something green to celebrate the Spring!
- Packets & containers of Seeds you plan to plant in gardens & fields - to be blessed in ritual (optional)
- Garden Trowel (mark with your name) and/or other Garden/Farming tools to be blessed (optional)
- Fresh flowers to decorate the Temple Room (we have some vases) or to leave as offerings on the land (optional)
- Veggies, dip, crackers, other treats for snack table and/or a personal sack lunch for mid-day nourishment (optional)
- A stone to donate to the Stone Circle. (optional)
- A drum or rattle (optional)
- A basket for gathering eggs during the egg hunt (optional)
- Appropriate outdoor wear for the Egg Hunt and Nature Walk.
- Slippers / dry shoes for inside. (optional)
Adults: $20 in advance by midnight March 15th, or $25 afterward and at the door
Youth (5 - 17): $5 in advance by midnight March 15th, or $5 afterward at the door
Children under 5 are FREE.