Come connect with the Earth and find the magic of the season through traditional craftways. There will be many opportunities to work with your hands and craft for the ritual and items to take home. Stay the night to enjoy the eveningâ€™s nighttime festivities and relax around the harvest fire. There will also be a judging of fall arrangements (center-pieces), pies, preserves, pickles, and breads in our Tastes of Fall contest in addition to a potluck meal.
Archive of previous celebrations:
* Outdoor Games* Cider Pressing * Fiber Arts * Ritual Scarecrow Crafting * Kids' Fall Crafting * Nature Walks * Fall Equinox Ritual and more!
SCHEDULE of EVENTS
Saturday, September 21st
|9 am||Open for Arrivals begin|
|10 am||Fair Begins on the Green
Carnival Gameswith Heather, Pam & Marissa
Fall Festival Flea Marketwith Georgette
Tastes of Fall Contest Entries â€“ Submissions for Judging
Apple Pressing with Reed at the Apple Cider Tent
|10:30 am||Community Welcome Circle|
|11 am - 12 pm||Lunch|
Workshop Tent #1: Weaving with Laurie, Brooke, Dianne and Naomi
Workshop Tent #2: Kids' Crafting: Fall Spirit Bannerwith Kristol
Workshop Tent #3: Ritual Scarecrow Making with Moonfeather
Workshop Tent #1: Spinning with Laurie, Brooke, Dianne and Naomi
Workshop Tent #2: Kids' Crafting: Fall Leaf Wreath with Kristol
Workshop Tent #1: Knitting with Laurie, Brooke, Dianne and Naomi
Workshop Tent #2: Kids' Crafting: Paper Bag Fall Treeswith Kristol
Workshop Tent #3: Grapevine Trees with Blodie
|4 pm||Judging of the Tastes of Fall Contest Entries|
|5 pm - 6:30 pm||Potluck Dinner|
|5:30 pm||Tastes of Fall Contest Winners Announced|
|7:30 pm||Harvest Celebration Ritualwith Florence and others|
|8:30 pm||Alexander James Adams - the Fairy Tale Minstrel|
|10 pm||Community Bonfire - Drumming, dancing, s'mores and merriment|
Sunday, September 22nd
|8 am||Fall Migration Bird Walkwith Florence|
|11:30 am||Closing Farewell Ritual|
Items to Bring
- Contribution for potluck feast to feed at least two dozen, for Saturday Night dinner. For details, please see our Potluck Guidelines.
- Please help us conserve paper: bring your own cup to use for drinks at meals and other times.
- A donation item for the Festival Flea Market (optional)
- Bread, preserves, pies or craft items for our Tastes of Fall contest (optional)
- Camping Gear: tent, sleeping bag, pillow, air mattress, flashlight, water jug, towel, biodegradable soap and shampoo, personal toiletries, sungear, raingear, cold weather gear, insect and tick repellent.
- A lawn chair, mat, or blanket for outdoor seating. Many activities will be outside.
- Drum, rattle, or other rhythm instrument. (optional)
- Chants, songs, or rhythms for late night drumming/dancing (optional)
- A stone to give away to the Stone Circle. (optional)
|Adults (each):||Through 9/2||9/3 - 9/18|
|Children 5+ (each)||Through 9/2||9/3 - 9/18|
Children under 5 are free.
Cancellations received before September 19th will be refunded minus 50% processing fee. Cancellations received on September 19th or later will not be refunded. Please refer to Circle's cancellation policy if you should need to cancel your event registration.
For more information contact email@example.com or call the Circle office at (608) 924-2216.