A Celebration of Fall Equinox
September 21-23, 2007
at Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve
near Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin
About Fall Equinox Customs
Friday evening, September 21: Coyote Run in Concert! at 8 pm
An evening of music & merriment with recording artists & Celtic band, Coyote Run.
Benefit for Circle Sanctuary and the Lady Liberty League.
$7/advance or $10/at gate
Gates open at 7 pm.
Saturday, September 22: Community Day & Harvest
A Community Day of fellowship, harvest activities, & other projects open to members of the Circle Sanctuary Community and others interested in our endeavors.
9 am - 5 pm
Open to adults & youth
Bring potluck food to share
overnight camping by arrangement & donation
Sunday, September 23: Fall Equinox Festival
See schedule & registration below
10 AM - 6 PM
|Fall Equinox Festival|
|10 AM||Arrivals begin|
|10 AM - 1 PM||Apple Cider Making - Reed Cockrell|
|10:45 AM||About Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve - Selena Fox|
|11 AM - Noon||Dream Catcher Making Workshop - Reid Miller|
|12:30 - 1:30 PM||Potluck Lunch|
|2 - 2:30 PM||Drumming Circle|
|2:30 - 3:30 PM||Gathering Together: Fall Folktale Feast for Autumn Equinox - Reid Miller|
|4 PM||Fall Equinox Labyrinth Ceremony of Harvest Thanksgiving- Selena Fox & Joey Bunbury|
|6 PM||Farewells & Clean-up|
Items To Bring
- Contribution for potluck feast to feed at least two dozen, for Saturday lunch. For details, please see our Potluck Guidelines.
- Bring apples to contribute for cider making
- Bring sterile canning jar to take some cider home with you
- Bring a mug or cup to drink cider with
- Bring a drum or rhythm instrument for the Drumming Circle - some will be available for loan
- Bring your own materials for the Dream Catcher workshop, or use those provided by Circle Sanctuary. Reid will have some Dream Catcher kits for sale ($10/each) for those who prefer this.
- Bring a harvest offering to give to the land during the Ceremony - a vegetable, fruit, nuts, fresh herbs, or other symbol of the harvest
- Bring a donation of canned goods for Harvest charity food drive - proceeds will go to the Barneveld food pantry to feed those in need in the local area
Overnight camping available on Friday and Saturday nights for those taking part in two or more days of this celebration. Lodging must be arranged in advance -- by Wednesday, September 19. Suggested donation $10 per night with proceeds going to cover the cost of our recent road improvement.