Circle Sanctuary events may include two types of potluck contributions; a potluck snack table contribution and a potluck meal contribution. In your registration confirmation email, we will indicate which contribution is needed. There are times where both types may be needed for one event.
Potluck snack table contributions may be needed at our community days and various one-day events. Examples of snack table contributions are:
- meat and cheese tray
- vegetable tray with dip
- 2 bags of tortilla chips and salsa
- pita chips and hummus
- package of cookies
- fruit pie
Potluck meal contributions are needed at the majority of our events. Examples of potluck meal contributions are:
- beef stew
- vegetarian chili
- macaroni and cheese casserole
- small baked ham
- large green salad with dressing
- chicken and rice casserole
Labeling your Potluck:
Due to many allergies and dietary requirements in our community, all potluck contributions must be labeled. Please label your dishes with a full list of ingredients and label according to list below:
- contains meat
- contains peanuts
- contains dairy
General Potluck Guidelines
- Bring enough to feed at least two dozen people.
- Contribution should be already prepared -- not just ingredients.
- Fruit should be pre-washed.
- Cheese, meats and breads should be pre-sliced.
- Upon arrival, take your potluck contribution to the kitchen area.
- Refrigeration is available for items that need to be kept cool.
- Items that need a bit of reheating (10 to 15 minutes) should be brought in a microwave dish or dish that can be heated in the oven.
- Items that need to be cooked should be brought in a crock pot or slow cooker that can be plugged in.
- Remember to pick up your dish at the end of the potluck feast.
If you have questions regarding our Potluck Guidelines, please feel free to contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (608) 924-2216.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.