SCHEDULE of EVENTS
|9 am||Community Setup
Events are community wide opportunities to serve and connect. We invite everyone to come early to help with set up and be a part of the crew who helps set the stage and builds the container that will be our day.
|9:30 am||Open for general arrivals
The Owl's Nest will be open for shopping periodically throughout the day.
|10 am||Circle of Welcome and Meet & Greet with Sharon, Florence and others|
|10 - 10:30 am||
"Stone Soup" Community Candle with Florence
|10:30 - 11:30 am||
"Brigid's Voice: Reading Poetry" with McKenzie Zeiss
Swedish Candle Making Demonstration
Crafting Brigid's Crosses with Bo
|11:30 am - 12:30 pm||Lunch Break
We will gather for a sandwich bar and a quick bite to eat before the afternoons activities. In lieu of a potluck dish, please bring sandwich fixings (breads, cheeses, condiments, meats, etc.) and snacks to share with the community.
|12:30 - 1:30 pm||
Healing & Wellness with Brigid Workshop with Selena Fox
Firestarter Creating with Bo
|2 - 3:30 pm||
Creating a Brigid Mantle with Minerva
Guided Nature Walk
Storytelling with Bo
|3:30 - 4 pm||Snack Time, Socializing, and Ritual Preparations|
|4 pm||Imbolc Community Ritual facilitated by Selena and others
Celebrate the Magic of Imbolc, Brigid, and Community. Bring a white taper candle and candle holder to kindle during the ritual. If you wish, bring a Brigid image, cross, or other symbol to be energized on the Community Brigid Altar.
|5 pm||Community Cleanup
We invite you to stay for the sacred work of tending to Circle and ensuring that we leave our valued church/center/resource in better shape than when we came.
|6 pm||Final Departures|
Items to Bring:
- Community Lunch contribution of bread, salad or dessert for 12 people. ***PLEASE NOTE***: due to severe allergic reactions, please do not bring peanuts or other nuts!
- White taper candle and candle holder for ritual
- Brigid image, cross, or other symbol to energize on the Community Brigid Altar
- Wax or stubs from used candles (including spell candles) to add to our "Stone Soup" Community Candle workshop (no strongly scented or tallow candles, please)
- Yule greens to cast into the fire as part of the annual Burning of the Greens
- Items from you home for your fire starters and to share; old wax, dried herbs or greens, paper to be recycled, dryer lint, cardboard tubes, eggs cartons, crayons, pine cones, easily flammable materials you want in your fire starters (for kids program, but adults are encouraged to bring items to contribute)
- Jar with lid for collecting water from Brigid's Spring
- Poetry to share during the Brigid's Voice: Reading Poetry Workshop
- Drum or rattle, if you have one, to play in rituals
- Any type of easily portable fiber craft you are working on. If you want to learn, bring yarn and needles. Someone will teach you a stitch or two so you can make something
- Snowshoes for the nature walk; for yourself or to share with others
- A personal cup or glass you can drink out of all day to reduce waste
DRESS: Bring clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather as part of the ritual will be outside. Bring snow shoes if you have them for walking on the land if snow depth warrants this and boots for outside Nature walks are highly recommended. A different pair of shoes or slippers to wear inside the Temple Room is also a good idea. This keeps the Temple Room floor free of wet and mud.
DO NOT BRING: Please do not bring fireworks, firearms, illegal drugs or animal friends/pets.
SHOPPING: The Owl's Nest spiritual gifts shop will be open periodically throughout day for shopping and browsing.
Please contact the Circle Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.