MORE ABOUT IMBOLC
PAST IMBOLC CELEBRATIONS
SCHEDULE of EVENTS
|9 am||Open for Arrivals|
|9 am - 12:30 pm||Owl's Nest Open for Shopping|
|All day||Brigid: the Goddess of Poetry, Healing, and Smithcraft
Come visit our community Imbolc altar and place an object there to receive magic and blessings throughout the day.
|9:30 - 10 am||Circle of Welcome|
|10 am - 11:30am||Brigid the Healer in the Temple Room
|11:30 am - 12:30 pm||Snack Break
Take this time to enjoy a snack and to socialize. You may want to collect some water from Brigid's well.
|12:30 - 1:30 pm||Brigid as Mother Nature with Selena Fox
Honor Brigid as Mother Nature and learn about some of Her Sacred connections with Land, Elements, Creatures, and Plants.
|1:30 pm - 1:45 pm||Brigid around the World with Michael McDermott
Michael shares some multicultural perspectives from Brigit: Sun of Womanhood, the anthology that he and his late wife Patricia Monaghan compiled and edited.
|1:30 pm - 2 pm||Break/Snacks/Shopping|
|2 pm - 3:30 pm||Brigid as Goddess of Crafting with Messina & Minerva
|4 pm - 5 pm||Imbolc Ritual and Burning of the Greens
Blessings of newly crafted Brigid dolls, prosperity wands, healing hoops/wreaths, other Imbolc/Brigid items in the Temple Room. Bring your Yule Greens to burn in the Imbolc Fire following the Temple Room rite. Join in celebrating the turing of the Wheel of the Year, through awakening the Earth for the coming season and Honoring Brigid in all Her forms.
|5 pm||Brigid's Feast
Enjoy a family style meal with your community. We'll provide Shepherd's Pie (meat and vegetarian versions). Please bring some bread, salads or a dessert to share.
|6 pm - 7 pm||Owl's Nest Open for last minute shopping|
|7 pm||Cleanup and Departures|
Items to Bring:
- Yule wreaths, sprigs, boughs, besoms, for the Burning of the Yuletide greens during ritual (optional)
- White candle in a votive candle holder or jar for the Brigid Altar during Ritual (optional)
- Jar with lid for collecting water from Brigid's Spring (optional)
- Drum or rattle, if you have one, to play in rituals (optional)
- Brigid crosses, images & symbols (optional) to be energized on the altar for later use at your home.
- Bread and snacks (crackers, cheese, veggies, dip, fruit) for midday snack (appreciated). (No peanuts please)
- A contribution of salad, breads and desserts for Brigid's Feast. Your dish should be already prepared, pre-sliced and ready to eat, since there will be no kitchen space available to do this. (No peanuts please)
- Wear something white or gold to the Brigid Ritual. (optional)
Registration for this event is limited. Please register online to guarantee you will be able to attend. Some same-day registration may be available depending on numbers.
Adults: $20 in advance by January 30th, or $25 at the door
Youth (5 - 17): $5 in advance before January 30th, or $5 at the door
Children under 5 are FREE.