Celebration of the Celtic Fire Festival of Imbolc
Saturday, January 31
10 AM - 7 PM
at Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve
near Barneveld, Wisconsin
|10 am||Arrivals begin & Resources Shop opens|
|10 am - 11 am||Brigid on the Land - Self-guided Nature walks to Brigid's Spring & elsewhere.|
|10:45 am||Burning of Yuletide Greens - Reed Cockrell & Selena Fox
Join in a farewell to Yule with the burning of evergreen sprigs, wreaths, and boughs at our bonfire circle. Bring evergreens to cast into the fire if you have some, or use some that will be provided.
|11 - 11:30 am||Brigid's Day Welcome - with Selena Fox & with Celtic Music by Michael Doran
Join in welcoming invocations of Brigid & Her sacred time of Imbolc & Candlemas. Bring images & symbols of Brigid to display & energize on the Community Imbolc altar.
|11:30 am - 12:15 pm||Brigid's Cross Crafting with MoonFeather
Connect with Brigid's creativity and inspiration in crafting a Brigid's Cross to bless your home. MoonFeather, a skilled crafter & crafts teacher, will guide workshop participants in fashioning their own Brigid's Crosses from natural basket weaving materials, which will be provided.
|12:15 pm||Snack break|
|12:30 - 1 pm||Connecting with Brigid in Everyday Life with Ana Blechschmidt
Explore attributes of and ways of working with Brigid for personal and spiritual growth. Ana Blechschmidt has taught Goddess Studies at several community colleges in Illinois and also does Circle Sanctuary campus chaplaincy at Northern Illinois University.
|1 - 1:30 pm||Brigid & the Environment with Michael McDermott
Reflect on the Celtic tale of the Cow of Abundance, a companion to Brigid, and its environmental lessons for our time with Michael McDermott of the Black Earth Institute and nearby Brigit's Rest.
|2 - 3:30 pm||Brigid's Day Imbolc Ritual with Selena Fox & others
Connect with Brigid for personal and planetary renewal through meditation, music, and well wishes. Ceremony will be facilitated by Selena Fox, assisted by others. Bring a white candle and candle holder that holds it securely and catches wax drippings.
|4:30 pm||Brigid's Day Candlelight Potluck Feast & Social
Bring an already prepared dish of food to share.
|6:30 - 7 pm||Clean-up & Farewells|
Items to Bring
- Wear something white or gold to the ritual.
- Yule wreaths, sprigs, boughs for the Buring of the Yuletide greens in the morning.
- Drum or rattle, if you have one, to play in the ritual.
- Brigid images & symbols (optional) to be energized on the altar for later use at your home.
- White candle (any type, but long-burning) in candle holder that can catch wax drippings
- Snacks (crackers, cheese, veggies, dip, fruit) for midday snack table (optional).
- A contribution for potluck feast to feed at least two dozen people. For details, please see our Potluck Guidelines.