- About the Site
- About Circle Sanctuary's Environmental Work
- About Circle's Celebration of Earth Day
- More about Nature Pathways
- More about Celebrating Seasons
- Earth Day Prayer for Planetary Wellness by Selena Fox
- Nature as Teacher article by Selena Fox
- Earth Day Spirit Ritual
- Earth Day 2000: Celebrating Earth Day's 30th Anniversary at Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve
EARTH DAY SCHEDULE
|10 am||Opening Ritual
Gather at the May Pole for our welcoming ceremony. Make yourself at home as we meet fellow festival goers, raise some energy and learn about the day ahead.
|10:30 - 11:30 am||
Herb Walk with Meredith
Compost with Zephyr
|11:30 am - 12:30 pm||
Circle Green for Earth Day Every Day with Rev. Selena Fox
|12:30 - 1:30 pm||
Be Here Now in Nature with Rev. Dennis
Earth Day Kids
|2 - 3 pm||Earth Day Ceremony with Rev. Selena Fox and Others
Celebrate Earth Day, Honor Mother Earth, Attune to Sacred Land, and Commune with Nature with music, movement, and meditation in this multicultural and interfaith community ceremony, held outside in the Stone Circle weather permitting. Bring a small rock or crystal to donate to the ring of stones during the ceremony. If you wish, bring a rattle, drum, or other rhythm instrument to play.
|3 - 3:30 pm||Green Cemetery Tour with Rev. Selena Fox
Following the ceremony, learn about Greening Life’s End with a guided tour of Circle Cemetery, one of the first Green cemeteries in North America. Cemetery Tour will include a ceremonial honoring of the 15th Anniversary of the Veteran Pentacle Quest victory which resulted in pentacle images being included on gravestones issued by the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable & sturdy shoes for nature walks and outdoor activities.
- Sturdy outdoor clothing, layers, and an optional change of clothes (some activities will allow you to interface directly with nature, which can be very rewarding but occasionally messy!)
- Snacks to contribute to the snack table.
- Drum, rattle, or other rhythm instrument for the ceremony (optional)
- A stone, crystal, or rock to leave at the Stone Circle during the ceremony (optional)
Registration for this event is now CLOSED.
For more information on Circle Sanctuary and this event, please contact the Circle Office.