- About the Site
- About Circle Sanctuary's Environmental Work
- More about Nature Pathways
- More about Celebrating Seasons
- Earth Day Prayer for Planetary Wellness by Selena Fox
- Nature as Teacher article by Selena Fox
- Earth Day Spirit Ritual
- Earth Day 2000: Celebrating Earth Day's 30th Anniversary at Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve
EARTH DAY SCHEDULE
|9:00 am||Open for Arrivals|
|9:30 am||Welcome Circle with Selena & Judith
In the Temple Room.
Prairies: Continuing the Legacy of a Wisconsin Ecosystem with Mandie Zopp in the Temple Room
Family Activities in the Farmhouse with Paul and Vanessa
|10:45 am||Stretch and Snack Break|
The Wheel of the Year and the Seasons with Anastasia Blechschmidt in the Temple Room
Family Activity: Magical Recycling: The Earth Cycles and Basic Earth Magic for Children in the Farmhouse with Chris McBrien
A Brisk Walk to Spirit Rock with Heather, meet at the Barn Steps
|Noon||Picnic Lunch Outdoors, weather permitting, or in the Temple Room
Bring a picnic blanket for either outside or inside and bring a picnic lunch and snacks to share throughout the day. A table for snacks will be set up in the barn.
Wildcrafting Herbs with Selena Fox in the Temple Room
Youth Activities in the Farmhouse with Paul and Vanessa
|2 pm||Stretch and Snack Break|
Honeybee Medicine and Magic: Reflections from 9 months of living and learning at Spikenard Honeybee Sanctuary with Ryan Lee in the Temple Room
Family Activity: Waking Up the Earth in Spring in the Farmhouse with Colleen Koziara
Earth Day Ceremony with Selena Fox and Others in the Stone Circle
Immediately Following the Ceremony - Cemetery Tour with Selena Fox and Ashleigh
|6 pm||Cleanup and Farewells
As we bid each other fond farewell, we will collaboratively leave the space better than we found it.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable & sturdy shoes for Nature walks.
- Sturdy outdoor clothing and an optional change of clothes (some activities will allow you to interface directly with nature, which can be very rewarding but occasionally messy).
- Snacks to contribute to the snack table for mid-day refreshment.
- Drum, rattle, or other rhythm instrument for the ceremony (optional).
- Gardening gloves for plant gathering (optional).
- Picnic blanket or camping chair as weather permitting some workshops may be held outside (optional).
- Stone or rock to leave at the Stone Circle (optional).