- About the Site
- About Circle Sanctuary's Environmental Work
- More about Celebrating Seasons
- Earth Day Prayer for Planetary Wellness by Selena Fox
- Nature as Teacher article by Selena Fox
- Earth Day Spirit Ritual
- Earth Day 2000: Celebrating Earth Day's 30th Anniversary at Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve
EARTH DAY SCHEDULE
|9:00 am||Open for Arrivals|
|9:30 am||Welcome and Nature Preserve Report with Bob
Join us at the community fire pit (weather permitting) to greet each other, the land, and hear a brief update on what's been happening at the preserve.
|10 am||Bird Feeding for Everyone with Florence
Circle Sanctuary staff, volunteer and bird aficionado Florence will share some ideas that go beyond basic bird-feeding. Learn how to tailor feeders and seed to specific species. We will meet in the Temple Room.
|11 am||Mud Snails: a new Invasive Species with Susan Graham, Lake Management Coordinator, Wisconsin DNR
The mud snails are coming! Sue will give us the low-down: what they are, why they're a problem, and what we can do. She will also touch other invasive species. We will meet in the Temple Room.
Children's Land Stewardship Nature Walk with Brooke
The kids will take a walk to Brigid's Spring to see an ecosystem in action! Along the way we will talk about humans' impact on the land and perhaps clean up evidence we find of it. We will meet at the community fire pit, bring your wellies! If weather does not permit this activity we'll meet in the farmhouse for indoor project about stewardship.
|Noon - 1 pm||Mid-day Snack & Land Exploration with music by AJ Adams
After a morning of learning about the birds and water in our ecosystem we'll have some time to enjoy it! There will be snacks in the Temple Room, music afoot, and the potential of an awesome penguin sighting.
|1 pm||Nature as Teacher Workshop with Selena Fox
Join Selena in exploring approaches to learning through Nature observation and communion. Workshop includes Nature attunement experiences.
|2:15 pm||Bird Feeder Construction with Cheri
A chance to play with wood and tools! Each participant or group of participants will construct a basic bird feeder to take home. We will have non-toxic markers available should you wish to decorate your feeder.
|3:45 pm||Earth Day Ceremony with Selena Fox and Others
Celebrating and attuning to Nature through music, meditation, and community connections. Guided by Selena and Cheri.
|4:45 pm||Prairie Restoration Burn with Reed (weather permitting)
Here's your chance to see our preserve work in action!
|5:30 pm||Cleanup and Farewells
As we bid each other fond farewell, we will collaboratively leave the space better than we found it.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable & sturdy shoes for Nature walks.
- Sturdy outdoor clothing and an optional change of clothes (some activities will allow you to interface directly with nature, which can be very rewarding but occasionally messy).
- Snacks to contribute to the snack table for mid-day refreshment.
- Drum, rattle, or other rhythm instrument for the ceremony (optional).
- Gardening gloves for bird feeder construction and prairie burn (optional).
- Picnic blanket or camping chair as weather permitting some workshops may be held outside (optional).
- Stone or rock to leave at the Stone Circle (optional).