We will begin the day learning about Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve, and Executive Director Selena Fox will present an Ecospirituality workshop. There will be Kids crafting with Jen in the morning. Take a walk with Kerry to discover song birds along the Nature trails. In the afternoon we'll 'go batty' with a special presentation by Jennifer Redell of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Bat Team and build bat houses that you can take home! We'll conclude with an interactive ceremony guided by Circle Sanctuary ministers Georgette & Bob Paxton to deepen our connection to the planet. Weather permitting, we will perform a restorative burn of part of Circle Sanctuary's prairie.
Please let us know if you plan to attend: firstname.lastname@example.org
- About the Site
- About Circle Sanctuary's Environmental Work
- More about Celebrating Seasons
- Earth Day Prayer for Planetary Wellness by Selena Fox
- Earth Day Spirit Ritual
- Earth Day 2000: Celebrating Earth Day's 30th Anniversary at Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve
EARTH DAY SCHEDULE
|9:30 am||Open for Arrivals|
|9:45 am||Welcome and Nature Preserve Reportwith Florence and Bob|
|9:45 - 11am||Kids' Crafting: Pine Cone & Peanut Butter Bird Feederswith Jen Snow|
|10 am||Nature Wisdom and Wellnesswith Selena Fox|
|11 am||Bird Walk and Talkwith Kerry|
|Noon - 1 pm||Mid-day Snack & Land Exploration|
|1 pm||Amazing Bats!with Jennifer Redell|
|2 pm||Bat House Constructionwith Florence|
|3:30 pm||Earth Day Ceremonywith Bob & Georgette|
|4:45 pm||Prairie Restoration Burnwith Reed (weather permitting)|
|5:30 pm||Cleanup and Farewells|
What to Bring:
- Comfortable & sturdy shoes for Nature walks.
- Sturdy outdoor clothing and an optional change of clothes (some activities will allow you to interface directly with nature, which can be very rewarding but occasionally messy).
- Snacks to contribute to the snack table for mid-day refreshment.
- Drum, rattle, or other rhythm instrument for the ceremony (optional).
- Gardening gloves for tree planting and prairie burn (optional).
- Picnic blanket or camping chair as weather permitting some workshops may be held outside (optional).
- Stone or rock to leave at the Stone Circle (optional).
Previous Earth Day Celebrations: