Saturday April 16th, 2011
10 AM - 8:30 PM
at Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve
near Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin
Free and Open to the Public.
Please let us know if you plan to attend: email@example.com
|10 am||Open for Arrivals|
|10:30 am||Welcome with Selena and Florence|
|10:45 am||Introduction to the Plants of Circle's Gardens with Vanessa|
|11 am||Stream Ecology with Mandie|
|Noon - 1 pm||Lunch|
|12:15 - 12:30 pm||Round-Table on Sustainable Eating with Paul Herrick|
|1 pm||Tamarack Planting Ceremony with Karl & Selena|
|2 pm||Green Burial Talk with Kelly|
|2 - 3 pm||Kids' Bird Walk with Florence|
|2:30 pm||Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve Ecology and Phenology with Reed|
|3 pm||Break and Feast Setup|
|3:30 pm||Earth Day Procession & Ceremony with Selena|
|After Ceremony||Prairie Burn with Reed|
|5:30 pm||Community Feast|
|6:30 pm||Feast Clean-up|
|7 - 8:30 pm||Full Moon Circle with Selena & Others|
|9 pm||Final Departures|
What to Bring:
- Comfortable & sturdy shoes for Nature walks.
- Sturdy outdoor clothing and an optional change of clothes (some activities will allow you to interface directly with nature, which can be very rewarding but occasionally messy).
- A contribution for potluck feast. Please see the Potluck Guidelines.
- Snacks to contribute to the snack table for mid-day refreshment.
- If you are staying for the evening Full Moon Circle, please bring your drum or rattle, a votive candle in a holder, fresh or dried herbs or flowers to give to the land as an offering.
- Stone or rock to leave at the Stone Circle (optional).
- Drum, rattle, or other rhythm instrument for the ceremony (optional).
- Gardening gloves for tree planting and prairie burn (optional).
- Picnic blanket or camping chair as weather permitting some workshops may be held outside (optional).